FIRST® LEGO® League (FLL®)
FLL introduces younger students to real-world engineering challenges by building LEGO-based robots to complete tasks on a thematic playing surface. FLL teams, guided by their imaginations and adult coaches, discover exciting career possibilities and, through the process, learn to make positive contributions to society.
Elementary and middle-school students get to:
- Design, build and program robots using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology
- Apply real-world math and science concepts
- Research challenges facing today’s scientists
- Learn critical thinking, team-building and presentation skills
- Participate in tournaments and celebrations
What FLL teams accomplish is nothing short of amazing. It’s fun. It’s exciting. And the skills they learn will last a lifetime.
Team registration opens May 2019
Game Reveal and Season Kickoff August, 2019
2019-20 Game: FIRST CITY SHAPER℠
Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and San Luis Obispo Counties.
Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside, Imperial and San Diego Counties
Kern, Kings, Tulare, Inyo, Fresno, Madera and Mono Counties