Los Angeles Robotics (LA Robotics)
Los Angeles Robotics is a California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation.
Robotics Programs Supported
The specific purposes for which this corporation is organized include, but are not limited to:
- Serving the public by offering fun, technology-based enrichment activities for youth and community outreach with a focus on robotics programs that are affordable and sustainable throughout Southern California.
- Partnering with FIRST LEGO League (FLL) to support regional FLL and Junior FLL events and the development of FLL and Junior FLL teams and volunteers.
- Partnering with FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) to support regional FTC events and the development of FTC teams and volunteers.
- Partnering with FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) to support regional FRC events and the development of FRC teams and volunteers.
- Partnering with VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) to support regional VRC events and the development of VRC teams and volunteers.
- Supporting the development of volunteers for regional and national events.
Board of Directors and Officers
The following Directors and Officers were elected at the Board of Directors Meeting on 5/12/2015:
|Andy Crick||1 year||President|| Educational Outreach,
|David Brinza||2 years||VP||Audit, SCRRF||Audit|
|Terry Wells||1 year||Secretary||FLL, SCRRF|
|LeRoy Nelson||1 year||Treasurer||SCRRF, VEX|| VRC, VEX|
|Tony Ayad||2 years||Director||FLL||FLL|
|Chris Husmann||2 years||Director||SCRRF|
|Gigi Johnson||2 years||Director||FTC||FTC|
|Ross Mead||1 year||Director||Botball, ESR, Social Media|| Botball, ESR, |
|Darryl Newhouse||1 year||Director||FLL, SCRRF|
|Joe Petito||1 year||Director||Educational Outreach, SCRRF|| Educational |
|Eileen Kahn||Board||Advisor|| Educational Outreach
ESR = Educational STEM Research, FLL = FIRST
FTC = FIRST Tech Challenge, SCRRF = Southern California Regional Robotics Forum
Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Federal and State Registration Letters
Corporate ID Numbers
California Corporate or Organization No. 3103255 - nonprofit public benefit corporation
California Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts No. CT0169201
Federal Employer ID No. 20-0572530 - registered 501(c)(3) charity
Donate to LA Robotics
Donate by check to :
Los Angeles Robotics, ATTN: LeRoy Nelson, Treasurer
1457 3rd Street, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266.
|Donate by credit card, debit card or electronic check using the PayPal button below.
Los Angeles Robotics
1457 3rd Street
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
(310) 937-1416 Fax
The LARobotics fiscal year begins on July 1 ends on June 30.
Semiannual reports for half years ending December 31 and for fiscal years.
Prior to November 30, 2013, LARobotics consisted of three divisions: FLL, FTC and SCRRF.
The FTC division was transferred to SMaRT Education after November 30, 2013.
The FLL division was transferred to Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles after April 30, 2014.
Federal IRS Forms 990-EZ or 990-N; California FTB Form 199, AGC Form RRF-1
FIRST®, FIRST® Robotics Competition, FRC®, FIRST® Tech Challenge, and FTC®, are registered trademarks of FIRST® (www.firstinspires.org).
FLL® and Jr.FLL™ are jointly held trademarks of FIRST® and The LEGO Group.
LEGO® is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group.
FIRST® and The LEGO Group are not overseeing, involved with, or responsible for this activity, product, or service.